- Posted by Ben Smith
- Posted in "How To" Get Leverage, Blog, By Ben Smith, Challenger Brand Strategies, Strategies To Offer Retailers Financial Growth
THIS IS AN EXCEPRT; TO READ THE FULL ARTICLE, CLICK ON THE TITLE
I don’t know if I’m suggesting something as radical as the authors of the book “Blue Ocean Strategy” would suggest – I’m merely advocating you change the channel by looking beyond your existing business. That being said, pursuing new channels does have some similarities to the core philosophies shared in “Blue Ocean Strategy”. Think about your existing retail channels in context of the Red Ocean Strategy below, and then look at the Blue Ocean Strategy. It makes a Blue Ocean Strategy in retail seem worth a shot.
Key Benefits To Pursuing An “Alternative Channel” Strategy:
1) If you successfully develop new customers, you lessen your dependance on existing customers
2) Experience serves as a “Learning Lab” where you can test new ideas & apply learnings in your existing channels
3) Opportunity to create new demand for your product by positioning it for specific applications / uses
4) Growing sales in new channels may help lesson impact of seasonality in your existing channels
5) Buyers / merchants tend to stay within the retail industry – your new friends may pop up in your existing channels down the road.
- What Is Your Retail Leverage Factor?
- More Margin More Retail Problems?
- Retail Leverage – An Agency Executive’s Perspective
- How To Maxx Out Retail er Leverage (With Unwilling Help From Apple’s IPAD)
- All Hail the Kings of Retail Leverage – Monster Cable
- Shelf potato alert – Microsoft Kin mobile phone
- What Is A Shelf Potato?
- Martha Stewart Called To Carpet For Benefiting From A Legal Trade
- Forget Perfection – Just Worry About Good Enough
- Sharp Quattron TV’s Add Yellow But Their Marketing Makes Me Blue
- Product Specification: A Shield in the Battle Against Private Label at Retail
- The Concept Of Retail Momentum: Feed The Beast Or Lose It
- Want To Gain Big Dollar and Lots of Leverage In General At Retail? Look Closely To Find The Answer.
- Understand Retailer Private Brand Strategy By Watching Football
- The Retail Leverage Principle of Physics – When Two Opposing Brands Are Better Than One